Thursday, February 28, 2013

Weekly Workout Routine

Weekly Routine

A typical week consists of several different workouts to completely hit most of the muscles in the body. My regular routine consists of chest, triceps, biceps, back, shoulders, traps, legs, and abs/core, with some cardio when I feel the need. During the week I like to split up chest, triceps, and shoulders/traps because they complement each other. Also, I like to do the same for biceps, back, and legs. When I say they complement each other, I mean that when concentrating on one of those muscle by doing a lift, you will also hit a complement muscle in a minor way. For example, while doing any bench lift you would be concentrating on chest, however, it would also workout your triceps. A typical week's schedule would look like this: 
  • Monday-chest
  • Tuesday-back
  • Wednesday-shoulders and traps
  • Thursday-legs
  • Friday-triceps
  • Saturday-biceps
Sometimes, triceps and biceps will be the same day but that's just depending on the situation on Friday or Saturday. Ab workouts are my warm-up before lifting. Cardio I avoid because while trying to bulk up, cardio will just slim you down and work against you. 

No comments:

Post a Comment