Endurance and cardio
These past several weeks I have been giving my body a rest by not lifting heavy. Instead I have been doing Endurance workouts, such as circuits, super-sets and cardio. My favorite endurance workout I give credit to my Brother, Joe, for teaching me. It is a timed workout with one minute intervals. Normally I do 4-6 intervals a round and each interval is a different exercise, super-setted. For example the last 'Power Hour' (which doesn't actually last an hour) I did; weighted air squats, curls, set of various ab exercises, box jumps and air punches with 8 lbs weights. By doing five different exercises I hit more than 5 different muscle groups. Squats - butt/legs, Curls - biceps, air punches - shoulders/arms, ab workout - obviously abs, box jumps - more legs. One round consists of doing each workout for one minute, back to back. Therefore each round lasts 5 minutes (5 exercises x 1 minute = 5 minutes). In-between rounds I like to grab a drink of water and catch my breath for roughly 2 minutes. I normally do however many rounds as different workouts that are incorporated, while starting each round with a different exercise then the last round.
No comments:
Post a Comment